Solitary Confinement Public Panel Talk
On January 17, 2018, the BCCLA won a constitutional challenge to indefinite solitary confinement in federal prisons across Canada, but our work is far from over. Within 12 months, the government will have to decide how the BC Supreme Court’s ruling will be reflected in the law.
Join us next week as we discuss what’s next in the fight against indefinite solitary confinement. Panelists will be unpacking the decision, its impact on prison justice, and mapping what’s to come.
What: Challenging Solitary Confinement Public Panel
When: Tuesday, February 6, 2018. 6-8 pm.
Where: Room 2270, SFU Harbour Centre, 515 W. Hastings Check out the event details and panelists here!
Please attend, spread the word, and invite your friends! Email Iman at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Bibhas Vaze (counsel to the family of Christopher Roy)
- Jennifer Metcalfe, Prisoners’ Legal Services
- Caily DiPuma, BCCLA
- Yves Cote, Person with lived experience
- The Social Justice Centre (KPU)
- Centre for Policy Studies on Culture and Communities (SFU)
- Prisoners’ Legal Services
- Carceral Cultures Conference 2018 – Canadian Association of Cultural Studies
The Facebook event is posted here.